Platinum Dance Academy
* Tap: Black leather-patent shoes for beginning levels, shoelaces must be replaced with elastic. Older students, black soft leather tap shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights and a solid colored leotard.
* Jazz: Tan leather jazz shoes, no ties. Tan or pink tights with convertible or stirrup feet, and a solid colored leotard.
* Ballet: Pink leather ballet slippers secured by elastic. Strings must be adjusted, tied, and tucked into ballet slippers. Pink tights and a solid colored leotard without a skirt attached.
* Ballroom/Latin: Comfortable clothing. Shoes must have clean soles and should not be worn on the street. Women- high heel shoes or flats, men- black dress shoes. We suggest leather or suede sole shoes.
* Boys: Plain T-shirt, black dance pants/sweat pants, black tap, ballet, and jazz shoes.
* Please no street shoes on the dance floor.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
* Students should not arrive to the studio more than 10 minutes prior to class and should be picked up promptly following class. Students should be attended to prior to the scheduled class start time and at the scheduled dismissal time of each class by the parent. Parents should come inside the studio to get their child promptly at class dismissal time in order to ensure for smooth transitions between classes. If you are late picking up your child please pick up your child in the classroom.
* Visitors are not allowed inside the dance room to watch their child during a normal week in order to allow our dancers to fully concentrate. We hold two performances a year in order to watch your child’s progress.
STUDIO CALENDAR/ SNOW DAYS
* Fall classes begin Monday, September 9th. Summer classes begin the week of June 3rd. The studio will be closed during the following holidays and, or snow days in accordance with East Lansing Public Schools:
iLabor Day i Halloween Night i Thanksgiving
iChristmas Break i Spring Break i Memorial Day
TUTION & RECITAL
* The Fall Semester runs from September through May (9 months). The Summer Semester runs from June through August. We do not refund for classes dancers miss. We ask that students commit to the entire 9 months. We hold two recitals a year, December TBA 2014 & May 31, 2014. Recitals are optional but encouraged.
(December TBA 2013)
The December recital fee is $75. This includes recital tickets and a rental costume which students must return to the Winter Recital Costume Closet following the performance.
(May 31st, 2014)
The May 31st recital includes two fees, a recital fee and costume fee. The Recital fee covers recital ticket cost, auditorium rental, light/sound technicians, props, etc. We do not sell recital tickets. This fee covers unlimited recital tickets to the show. Recital fee for one child is $75, family rate is $80. Student’s keep the costumes for the Spring show.
* Lesson fees are NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE. Tuition is due the first day of each month. Please see schedule for monthly rates.
* (A $10 late fee will be charged to you account if payment is not received in full during the 7th day of every month. A $30 late fee will be charged on returned checks.)
* Ballroom classes and workshops do not apply to yearly payment plan.
PRIVATE & SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS
* Available for an additional cost. Contact your instructor for additional information and availability.